Monday, October 29, 2007

Week 9 Thing 20

I checked out YouTube, and it was just what I thought, I had trouble stopping. I found some old music videos of musicians I like that I thought I would never be able to see again, and found some new ones. I can see why so many people like YouTube, and why so many go to the site everyday.

I also realized, how besides just being fun and entertaining, it could also be used for teaching when a visual would be so helpful. I checked out some home improvement how to videos, and another thing that came to mind, since my son loves to pitch in baseball, would be video instruction on how to throw certain types of pitches. I think the uses could be endless. So, then I checked for some, and there are some on YouTube. The one I watched was how to throw a curve ball. It worked well, and did give a good lesson on how to throw a curve ball and best locations to throwthe ball. There were other videos that I did not watch, but it appears that instructional videos are available and work well, at least for the subjects I checked out. I think this would be one way they could be very helpful for libraries. Even if it is just to let customers know of the possibilities available from videos on the Internet.


This was a really fun activity and I will probably go back to YouTube when I have a chance, but I must not get too addicted, I can see how it could take over all my spare time if I am not careful.

And here is one of the videos I found that I like - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPk11AugG4c

No comments: