Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Week 6 Thing 15

My first thought on these articles in general is that we are in the beginning stages of all of this technology in regard to how the library will use it and adapt to all this Web technology. I agree as, one article stated, we should not wait to investigate how libraries fit into the technology, but I wonder if things may change and maybe we will just need to change our strategy.

I also wonder how many people are as Web savvy as the articles seem to feel they are. I am not saying I don't think they are, but I just wonder how many are. I can not go by my own level since I am not to with it when it comes to all the possibilities on the Web.

I do hope we are not heading into even less socializing than we already have. My fear is that all this technology is allowing people to remain in a kind of vacuum and not needing to depend on others in person. We can get so much from the Internet without talking to a person face to face.

Finally, I am always concerned with authority. Who is really putting out this information. Are they really knowledgeable on the subject. Where are they obtaining their information etc.

No comments: