Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Week 1 Thing 2

7.5 Habits of Life Long Learner

I think the 7.5 habits help you to think about the process of learning and help you realize the things that can effect the process.


Hardest/Easiest Habits


View Problems as a Challenge - This will be the hardest habit for me since, though I wish it were not true, I am a negative thinker at times. I will do my best to stop the negative thought and look at the problem as a learning experience, which it is.


Accept Responsibility - I realize it is up to me to get the most out of this program and will be as good as I can make it and will worth what I put into it. I feel this will be the easiest habit for me.


I thought at first Play would be the obvious easy habit, but sometimes play makes me think I am not being productive. However I am looking forward to playing and finally feeling that I am a little more aware of these new modern web activities, so I feel less like an old geezer and more hip, like that is really possible, but I can at least fake it a little better. I am glad there is now this learning activity to push me to get hip.

1 comment:

JimD said...

I know what you mean about play. It's difficult sometimes to inject joy into the process without the risk of looking frivolous. I think it's a big feature of this program, though. We all have so much to keep up with that you have to make it fun if you want to stay motivated. That's true of me, at least!